If you are having jaw problems, Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (“TMJ”), or pain in your face, then your trigeminal nerve is most likely involved. The trigeminal nerve is the part of your nervous system that helps with biting, chewing and swallowing as well as sending pain, touch and temperature sensations from your face and scalp to your brain. It is your cranial nerve 5 that branches off from the brain stem to your face and scalp.
Your cervical spine protects many sensitive structures. The vertebral artery carries blood and oxygen through the top 6 bones in the neck before supplying the brainstem with its blood supply. Misalignments in this area may pinch nerves and irritate the vertebral artery causing nerve and vascular problems. This neurovascular compression may cause pain into your head, face or jaw.
Our approach at Lynch Chiropractic to help people eliminate their jaw pain, TMJ, TMD, and face pain may include:
- Atlas Orthogonal Instrument Adjusting is an advanced, scientific instrument program that moves the top vertebra (bone) back level under the base of the skull and helps straighten out the rest of the spine. Numerous studies show that AO is a safe and effective treatment.
- Neck and Spine Instrument Adjusting are done with a hand-held instrument and without any twisting or thrusting motions. These chiropractic adjustments reduce pain and discomfort, reduce inflammation, improve your flexibility, increase your range of motion, restore joint motion, improve your nervous system and prevent early on-set of Osteoarthritis.
- Low Level Laser Therapy to reduce inflammation, reduce free radical production and oxidative stress, improve blood flow, enhance tissue repair and improve cellular energy production.
- Rapid Release Therapy to release scar tissue adhesions.
- Cranial Adjustments to reduce intracranial compression.
All treatment is safe, effective, doesn’t cause pain and is without the adverse side effects of medication and invasive surgery.
Call (434) 245-8456 or fill out the form below to schedule your consultation.